REGIONAL PARTNERSHIP EVENTS
Giving U.S. Business a Voice in the Asia-Pacific
The National Center for APEC (NCAPEC) is dedicated to advancing the U.S. business community’s views in the dynamic Asia-Pacific region. Established in Seattle, Washington in 1994, NCAPEC is the only U.S. business association focused exclusively on facilitating private sector engagement in the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) process.
REGIONAL PARTNERSHIP INITIATIVE
NCAPEC Chairman Emeritus Nick Reilly (R) and Singapore Business Federation Chief Executive Officer Ho Meng Kit (L) sign a cooperation agreement on May 25, 2012.
The National Center for APEC has identified bilateral and multilateral collaboration among business and trade organizations as an effective means of advocating for policies that promote the development of a seamless commercial environment in the Asia-Pacific region. The Regional Partnership Initiative aims to expand opportunities for such collaboration by establishing new channels that business organizations in the Asia-Pacific can leverage to advocate for policies on behalf of their respective members.
The Initiative also aims to increase the effectiveness of APEC as an organization through enhanced input and engagement with businesses from all APEC economies. This will be achieved through the sharing of best practices between partner organizations that serve as ABAC secretariats for APEC economies.
NCAPEC will identify opportunities for interaction on the margins of regional gatherings such as APEC Leaders Week, ABAC meetings and its Annual Executive Roundtable to gather partner organizations to discuss joint activities and initiatives.
NCAPEC President Monica Whaley and Vietnam Chamber of Commerce & Industry (VCCI) First Vice Chairman & Executive Vice President Hoang Van Dung sign a cooperation agreement on July 16, 2012.
Activities in support of APEC-specific initiatives will support the objective of enhancing private sector input and engagement within APEC's official channels.
- Sharing of "national ABAC Secretariat best practices," including outreach to constituent business communities and government
- Joint development of and advocacy for ABAC/APEC initiatives
- Participation in NCAPEC's Annual Executive Roundtable
Activities in the broader sphere of Asia-Pacific regional economic initiatives will build region-wide support for business priorities in areas outside of the official APEC process.
- Collaboration on issue/industry-specific events (i.e. program development, identification of speakers, participant outreach, etc.)
- Resource for connecting with domestic business groups (i.e. sector specific groups)
- Collaboration on joint statements from the private sector
- Joint development of reports and surveys in support of advocacy efforts
- Identification of opportunities on the margins of high-level meetings in the region (AES, TPP negotiations, G-20/B-20 meetings in APEC economies) to highlight priority issues and initiatives
|Asia Pacific Council of American Chambers of Commerce (APCAC)|
|Russian National Business Centre for APEC|
|Singapore Business Federation|
|Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry|